Wednesday 18 January 2012

Post 6: Another case

Go the go ahead to case manage another case through 16-19 team. Mother and adolescent child. Initial consult (in which I have heard second hand), indicated they are in conflict in response to childs physical and social difficulties.

I don't like formulating at any stage, it feels like a game of guess who and takes for ever to pontificate about a truth that doesn't exist. If I was to humour myself, at this very very early stage (I haven't met them yet!!) then

1. Late adolescence, moving into adulthood
2. Quite restrictive disability
3. Client is disabled but able enough to function (often an usual category in which, in my experience, people are teased a little more rather than being protected due to an unfortunate disability)
4. Lifestyle decisions to be made
5. Independence, feeling the nest

I'm going to stop! I'm just commenting on every possible indicator of conflict - whats the point!
I'll save my judgements and listen to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment