Monday 12 March 2012

Post 12: Circularity - revisited

Thinking I'm hilarious by using 'revisited' like the Milan team. Anyway - a long day of catching up on the concept of circularity for the purpose of an essay. Far more in-depth as a concept that a technique as I came to realise.

Karl Tomm papers (Interventive Interviewing, Fam Proc 27:1-15, 1988) , looked at how the concept can be functional within session.

After reading these, I looked over Burnham AMT which has a similar statement - ie orientate yourself to a posture/intention. It's a really useful way to begin viewing your questions in the hope to refine, improve as, as Tomm says, the process becomes natural to the therapist.

As my confusion over collaborative approach continues I again ask, how does this fit in to collaborative work (less so Burnham, more so Tomm)?

Enough for tonight 1pm-8pm is a long days studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment