Saturday 3 March 2012

Post 11: Where's the technique in Collaborative

Firstly - It's been a while since I have written on here. The demands from the course has upped and increasingly I find myself preparing and analysing sessions, revising, re-reading, re-familiarising myself with literature, preparing presentations and completing research assignments. Time and space for sleeping eating and seeing people outside of the MSc and work is limited - time to blog is therefore much shorter!



Currently I have to analyse a ten-minute segment of video, transcript it, and focus upon techniques I have used within session. From my shift away from agency level interventions (using say, structural techniques), it has become necessary for me to use different approaches that cause to step blindly in to a session, and at this stage, still unclear what 'techniques' I have used. My past three sessions have been under the paradigm of collaborative but for the purpose of the assignment I have no idea what techniques I have used! Sure, I have formed my questions based upon the feedback of the family, and remained un-assuming (not knowing) and excluding any narrative techniques (social constructionist re hermeneutics) I may have added to a session I cannot write 2500 on collaborative techniques, even though my session was (based on supervisor feedback) a session with major collaborative intent!

No comments:

Post a Comment